I attended Sa-Hali Secondary from 2008-2012. I included this certificate because I remember working so hard this semester. I think this is where my hard work ethic started and has carried on into my university career.

This is my graduation certificate I received in 2012. This was such a surreal moment to me because it was the start of my life in a sense. I was heading out into the real world, figuring out what I wanted to do. Little did I know I would end up here!

This was a scholarship I received upon graduating. I still remember when my name got called and I crossed the stage, they stated that I had received a scholarship and I felt so happy and proud of myself. It was another instance in my life where I realized hard work does pay off.

I received this award the year before I got accepted into the BEd program at TRU. I was part of a conference where I presented my research. I did a research project on the Indian Act and how it has impacted land claims for the Indigenous Peoples. It was such a great experience and has helped me with my public speaking skills and my ability to create relationships with others.

This is my Aboriginal Studies Certificate that I received from TRU in 2019. In order to achieve this, I had to take 8 courses (24 credits) that concentrated on Indigenous historical contexts, political struggles, cultural expressions, and the lived ongoing effects of colonialism. I feel this will help me in my teaching career being able to understand and connect with Indigenous students – and being open to the history of other cultures.