These are pictures of people who have impacted my identity and who are part of my support system. They all mean very much to me and have helped me along my path to becoming an educator.

These are my parents. My mother Margaret, and my father Bruce. They have both supported me so so much in my life, and in my journey in becoming a teacher. I don’t know what I would do without them! They have been divorced for 19 years now, but they always work together to support our family.

One of my best friends Aneka. We have been friends for 7 years. Aneka is also on her own path to becoming a teacher! She is in the STEM program at TRU so we are able to share some similarities from our programs with each other.

This is my sister Erika. She is four years younger than me. She is truly my best friend. I don’t know where I would be without her! Next year she is going to go back to TRU to pursue a career in teaching (I like to think I had an influence in that!) so we will both be teachers.

This was my cat Luna who recently passed away at the age of 4. I miss her every day but I wanted to include her because she is a huge part of my identity. I feel that pets really help shape who you are as a person and Luna did that for me.

This is my boyfriend James. We have known each other since 2018 so he has been with me every step of the way in my teaching education. He was one of the first people I called to tell that I got into the teaching program and he was (and still is) very happy for me.

These are my friends Bronwyn and Annelise Beach. The Beach sisters! I met Anna at TRU in an introduction Social Work class and we clicked right away. I think it had something to do with our names because they are so similar. They are both the kindest people I have ever met.

This is my cousin Betsie. She is more like a sister to me though. We have been very close since a young age. Although she now lives in Vancouver I try to visit as often as I can. Our family is quite close and I really cherish that about us.

This is another one of my best friends Katie. We have been friends since grade 6! That is almost 14 years. She is a teacher in the Kamloops school district. In the photo to the right, the woman on the far rights name is Amy. She is also a teacher and she was the teacher who’s classroom I volunteered in and when I realized I wanted to be a teacher.

I added a sunflower to my pictures because I love them and whenever I look at them it makes me really happy!